Upper Valley Mental Health Resource Guide
- If you or a loved one are struggling with mental illness, you are not alone. Do not lose hope. Recovery is possible and help is available.
- The local NAMI NH support group for families maintains this web page to provide current information about mental health resources available in the Upper Valley. We do not have all the answers you seek and cannot guarantee a successful outcome for your loved one, but we can share what we’ve learned about the agencies, organizations, and programs that offer help and support in what can be a long and lonely journey.
- Disclaimer: The people maintaining this site have family members coping with mental illness. We do our best to share what we know about services in our area, but we cannot guarantee this information is accurate or current, nor do we endorse a particular course of action. Every circumstance is unique and every person and family coping with mental illness must determine which resources are best suited to their needs.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) New Hampshire and NAMI VT offer help for all of us. In NH, call 1-800-242-NAMI (6264) and in VT, call 1-800-639-6480 for information and support.
Please Help Us Help Others
Service providers, case managers, educators, clergy members, law enforcement personnel, and all others who help those struggling with their own or a family member’s mental illness: you can help us share this information. We have created business cards with this site’s URL and are happy to supply you with cards to hand out. To request cards, please complete the contact form and we will mail or deliver cards as soon as we can. Thank you for your help.
In Case of Emergency
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room
- Suicide Hotline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- New Hampshire
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Psychiatric Associates (DHMC) emergency line: 800-556-6249
- Headrest emergency line: 800-273-TALK, teen line 800-639-6095
- West Central Behavioral Health Services emergency line: 800-564-2578
- NH Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services Crisis Counselor: 800-804-0909
- WISE Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: 866-348-9473
- Health Care and Rehabilitation Services of Southeastern Vermont (Windham and Windsor Counties) emergency line: 800-622-4235
- Clara Martin Center (Orange County) emergency line: 800-639-6360
- Safeline (Orange and Northern Windsor Counties) emergency line for domestic and sexual violence: 800-639-7233
Information and Referral Organizations in New Hampshire
- NAMI NH, 603-225-5359 or 800-242-6264
- Location: 85 N. State St., Concord, NH 03301
- New Hampshire 2-1-1, 866-444-4211
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 211, Manchester, NH 03105
- 2-1-1 NH connects callers at no cost, to information about critical health and human services available in their community. NH citizens can call 2-1-1 and speak to an information and referral specialist.
- New Hampshire ServiceLink Community Resource, 866-634-9412
- ServiceLink is a statewide network of locally administered community-based resources for seniors, adults with disabilities and their families.
Information and Referral Organizations in Vermont
- NAMI VT, 802-244-1396 or 800-639-6480
- Location: 162 South Main Street, Waterbury, VT 05676