Information on Applying for SSI and Medicaid

From Upper Valley Mental Health Resource Guide
Jump to: navigation, search

NH DHHS How to Apply

The information below is copied from the NH DHHS link about applying for SSI and/or medicaid. This copy does not include the links at the original DHHS website. We recommend you go directly to that link:

How Do I Apply for Assistance?

The Division of Family Assistance offers online services through NH EASY, New Hampshire's Electronic Application System. Learn how to apply for assistance, check eligibility, track your application status, and more by visiting the NH EASY web page:

It's easy to apply!

1. You can apply online at;

2. You can apply by printing out one of the following Applications, completing it, and mailing it in to your local District Office. To find the District Office that serves your area, please see Catchment Areas If you only want to apply for Medicaid or for other insurance affordability programs available through the Marketplace, use the Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (Form 800MA): You may also fax in your application for Medicaid to (603) 271-8604. Or you may call us at 1-800-852-3345, extension 9700 to apply for Medicaid over the phone.
If you would like to apply for all the types of assistance we offer, including cash, Food Stamps, child care assistance, and Medicaid, complete both of the following forms:

◦ Application for Assistance (Form 800) 

◦ Medical Assistance for Children, Pregnant Women, and Parent/Caretaker Relative (Form 800 Insert)

3. You can contact your local District Office to request an application. To find the District Office that serves your area, please see Catchment Areas

After completing an Application, you may also need to:

◦ Talk to a Family Services Specialist (FSS) about your situation and your needs. During this interview, the FSS will tell you about program requirements. The FSS will also tell you about your benefits. We will tell you if this interview is required; and

◦ Give us proof of your household circumstances. These are examples of the types of proof you may need to give us, Examples of Acceptable Proof (Form 800V): To avoid delays if you are scheduled for an interview, please have the proofs listed in Form 800V with you.